Mold on walls is very irritating and can cause dangerous health problems. When you see mold on walls, you should immediately remove them. However, removing mold from walls is not an easy task and may take much more time.
In this article, we are about to find out how to remove mold from painted walls and will help you to overcome the mold problems.
How to Remove Mold From Painted Walls
Here I have mentioned some processes and hope this article will be helpful when you are planning to remove mold from painted walls.
Keep the room ventilated
You have to keep the room ventilated because you have to work with chemical cleaners to remove the mold on walls. Most of the chemicals are not suitable for health; that’s why you should open all the doors or windows if possible.
Avoid using fans, because it will spread the chemicals faster and switch off the air conditioning system. If you are working in a particular room, then you must seal the doors to other places to spread the mold spores.
Protect nearby areas
During the time of removing mold from painted walls, you should protect nearby areas to prevent further damage. You might spill chemicals to nearby areas as the substances are not good for health.
It would be best if you protected those things which you don’t want to work on. Before starting the process of cleaning mold, you should remove or cover the furniture and decorations because the chemicals can destroy the furniture and damage the decorations. Protect the floor with newspapers or plastic to prevent the chemical mess on the floor.
Choose cleaning agent carefully
As you know, removing mold from walls is not easy, but you know, before removing mold, you should choose the right cleaning agent. You can use both natural cleaning agents or chemical cleaning agents.
If you have children or pets, I highly recommend choosing natural cleaning substances. But if you are having a big or significant mold problem, you should go for the high-powered chemical substances.
Some Natural Chemical Agents:
- We all know that baking soda is one of the mildest and safest cleaners among all the other substances. You can use one part of baking soda with five-part of water.
- Vinegar is also a beneficial substance to clean mold. Though vinegar less potent than baking soda but it should work for small or weaker mold. Try using vinegar and water equally to remove mold on painted walls. Vinegar is also considered natural and can be used around children and pets.
- Using detergent is one of the easiest ways to remove mold from painted walls. It is advantageous to remove the mold smell and safe to use around children and pets. You should use detergent by mixing with a little amount of water.
- Using bleaching powder is another solution to remove mold from painted walls. But most of the experts don’t suggest using bleaching powder because bleaching powder is very harsh and can even cause breathing problems. Though bleaching powder is harmful, it is still one of the most potent substances to remove mold from painted walls. You should use one part of bleaching powder with three-part of water. The ratio should be maintained.
Use spray bottle
Using a spray bottle is very helpful. First, add the cleaning substance to a spray bottle and to mix the solution properly shake the bottle until the mixer is complete.
Spray the mixer on the mold
After completing the mixing process of the solution, spray the solution on to the mold. Avoid drenching the area. Otherwise, instead of getting rid of the mold problem, it will increase the mold problem.
Use soft brush or sponge
To remove the mold, you can use the soft toothbrush or dish sponge. Spray the cleaning solution on to the mold and scrub with a soft brush or dish sponge until it is invisible.
Dry out the area
When you finish the cleaning, you should dry out the area thoroughly. You can use a fan towards directly to the spot to dry out the area. Please don’t leave the area wet or moist it can again cause the mold problem even after you have cleaned the area.
Not all substance is useful to remove mold from painted walls. That’s why choosing the best solution is very important. Keep the chemicals out of reach for the kids if you consider using the high-powered compound to remove mold.