A person may not even be aware of having kidney stones till the time he/she experiences an episode of a sudden wave of pain. Such stones that do not cause pain for a long time are called silent stones. But there is no guarantee that these stones will never cause pain.
The kidney stone pain usually arises below the ribs, back and may even radiate to the genital area if the stone is moving along the urinary tract.
The other symptoms to confirm kidney stones include difficulty in passing urine, frequent UTIs, and a burning sensation while urinating. Kidney stone pain can range from mild to unbearably intense pain. The intensity of pain varies with the severity of the condition. The reaction to such an incident of pain can be different in people. Some people instantly pop in painkillers without consulting with a doctor, while others rely heavily on home remedies.
Well, both these approaches are wrong in order to get rid of kidney stone pain. The first and foremost thing is to rush to a doctor and undergo all the diagnostics that they recommend. Also, you must follow all the instructions of the doctors and start the treatment as soon as possible.
The common tips that doctors give to a person suffering from kidney stone pain:
- Drink lots of water and other fluids such as coconut water, lemon soda, and fresh fruit juices to keep yourself hydrated. Doing so enables the body to flush out the smaller kidney stones through urine without any major trouble.
- Limit the intake of animal protein as it triggers the formation of new kidney stones.
- Switch to a low-fat diet and have more dietary fibers.
- Keep a check on the foods that are rich in calcium and oxalate. E.g., milk, cheese, tofu, rhubarb, spinach, etc.
- Avoid indulging in rigorous physical activities that may put a strain on the kidneys. Such activities can cause the stone to move from its place in the kidney and get stuck in the ureters. This may lead to an emergency condition of intense pain.
- Maintain an active lifestyle. The intensity of exercise is not important. Even a 30 minute walk every day is enough to enhance the functioning of the kidneys.
- Also, take your medications on time if it is the best-recommended treatment by the doctor in your case.
- Do not delay undergoing surgery for multiple or large kidney stones as it will only increase the chances of complications.
Surgical Treatment For Kidney Stones
The apprehension around undergoing surgery is understandable. The mere idea of pain and discomfort associated with surgery can scare off anyone. Thus, it becomes a very frustrating situation for the patient to endure the pain, whether it’s because of kidney stones or its surgical treatment.
But fortunately, this scenario has changed for the better. Nowadays, surgeries for kidney stones have become simple and smooth. Interesting, right? Let’s give you some more insights on these newly available surgeries for kidney stone
The Advanced And Painless Way To Get Rid Of Kidney Stones Once and For All
With the advancements in technology, surgical procedures for kidney stone removal have evolved a lot. Now, you don’t need to undergo the complex conventional open surgery. You can easily get rid of kidney stones through modern techniques like laser lithotripsy, shock wave lithotripsy, and laparoscopic surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery is an advanced procedure in which the surgeon uses a lighted tube called a laparoscope to remove the stone pieces. The surgeon makes a few minor incisions in the lower abdomen region, inserts the laparoscope through these incisions, looks for the stones, and then removes the stones. The incisions are closed off using stitches.
Shock wave lithotripsy and laser lithotripsy are quite similar. Both these procedures aim to break the stone into smaller pieces to be easily flushed out through the urine. The only difference lies in the technique being used to break the stones.
In SWL, the surgeon uses thousands of shock wave pulses to crush the stone. On the other hand, in laser lithotripsy, the surgeon inserts a thin ureteroscope into the urinary tract and then crushes the stones using laser energy. In both these procedures, the doctor will ask you to go home and drink plenty of fluids so that the stones can easily be passed.
All three modern kidney stone surgeries are minimally invasive and 100% safe. These are performed under the influence of anesthesia, and thus the procedure is absolutely painless. The downtime is quite short, and you’ll recover completely within a couple of days.
These treatments are easily available in various cities, especially all the metro cities. To ensure that you end up at the best place for the treatment, you should thoroughly research and only then finalize. This way, you will save yourself from any kind of unforeseen complication in your treatment journey. These days, one of the most talked-about healthcare providers that offer all the three treatments for kidney stones is Pristyn Care. You can get in touch with them through their website. Do not rush the treatment until you are sure, and all your queries are answered.
Kidney stones can make your life really complicated if you do not attend to them in time. Timely consultation will not just save you from the complications, but also from the terror of frequent kidney stone pain that comes and goes in waves. Also, remember that choosing the right treatment option is equally important. Doing so will ensure a safe, smooth, and hassle-free treatment.
Also Read: How To Get Rid of Kidney Stones in a Day?