You can only claim for car insurance when you actually have one. Without it, you can only case a report but will not get any compensation. Suppose you already have one. Now a question might arise in your mind, “Is it always a good idea to claim on your car insurance?”
The answer is no, as there are some policy issues and restrictions. Before signing the policy documents, you should read it carefully. It is your responsibility to take care of yourself and your car while driving it or keep it at rest. Surrey ICBC Lawyer can help you solve issues related to your car insurance claim if you want any assistance.
Therefore, read the whole article to know all the details about it as each of the information here are worth it. I am sure you will not regret after reading it and be benefited.
Is it always a good idea to claim on your car insurance?
It is always best to report a car accident but not to claim on your car insurance. Because before claiming, you need to know in which situations you can claim. And for that, you obviously need to read the insurance policy very well or tell your insurer to make it crystal clear to you.
Generally, in two cases, you can claim for your car insurance.
- Collision: When two vehicles will collide with one another due to any of the party’s fault, then you can claim for collision insurance. In this type of accident, there is a vast possibility of dying the victim.
- Comprehensive: When your vehicle gets damaged due to natural calamities, fire, animal attack, and theft, then you can claim for comprehensive insurance. So it is God and nature will.
So it is better to have both of the insurances. Other than that, communicate with an ICBC lawyer, as they are experts in this and will try to give you full justice without any loss.
What can you claim for your car insurance?
There are limitations in every case, like that your car insurance policy also has some boundaries. Therefore, you can claim for four things after a car accident. Those are as follows with a discussion:
- Personal injury: After a car accident, you may have got injuries. And these types of wounds can be both temporary or permanent. In this case, you can claim for your medical assessment for your treatment.
- Damages to the car: According to the seriousness of the car’s damage, you can claim for the repair cost. And if the damage is more than 70%, you can claim a brand new vehicle concerning the old one’s price.
- Entire loss: If you have gone through a complete loss like a severe injury and massive car damage, then it is time to sit from a settlement with your insurer. It may take a long time as both of you has to reach the same state.
- Theft: If your car is stolen, you first need to file a case in the police station. After that, your insurer will do an investigation. So the time of claim procedure will start depending on the end of the inquiry.
For what reasons can your car insurance claim be delayed?
Because of the following reasons, your car insurance claim can be delayed or not proceed at the right time:
- If you do not immediately contact your insurer after a car accident or in the case when necessary, it will take more time to come to a solution.
- If you miss the regular check-up for vehicle evaluation planned by your insurer, your claim can get delayed.
- If you take service from a random mechanic or car repair shop even after your insurer’s refusal, then your claim will surely postpone.
- If you cannot pay the insurer’s excess fee, your claim will not get importance.
- If you disagree with any matter with your insurer that is written on your policy, then you may fall into trouble with your claim.
When can your car insurance claim get rejected?
There are several possible reasons for which your car insurance claim can get rejected. The reasons are as follow:
- Lying: If you provide any wrong information or being dishonest about your address, occupation, past driving history, or driving license, then your car insurance claim will get rejected.
- Being unknown about the whole policy: Many people do not read the policy’s terms and conditions properly. Afterward, people claim for insurance for a silly cause, which does not even fall under the policy document. It is better to ask your insurer to clarify all the points to you.
- Using invalid documents: If your road tax or driving license becomes out of date, that means it will be illegal for you to run on the road in your car. In this case, your claim insurance will get rejected, and you will become the defaulter.
What are the necessary details required to make a car insurance claim?
If you are going to claim your car insurance policy, you will need some reliable documents and information to speed up the procedure. These include:
- Your insurance policy number.
- The registration number of the victim car.
- You will need the victims and defaulters details, like names, addresses, contact details, and driving license number.
Hopefully, you have got the answer to “Is it always a good idea to claim on your car insurance?” Moreover, we have also discussed when your claim will come to action and when not. From now onward, you can directly claim for your car insurance if you have any valid reason.
But remember, you may also fall in trouble if you provide any wrong information as there will be an investigation. Try to hire a lawyer who can guide you to the right path and defend from your side. Of course, you need to pay his charges as this is his job.