HostGator has been in the market for more than a decade, and it is well-known for being of the most reliable and consistent. It has a large number of servers which all work efficiently. Through HostGator web hosting, you can get the options of VPS, Cloud, Shared, and even dedicated hosting. Along with that, you can get domain registrations, a website builder, and reselling options.
✔ 45-day money-back guarantee
✔ Wide choice of products
✔ cPanel hosting management
✔ No annoying limits or restrictions
✘ No email-type ticket support
✘ Pricing isn’t made clear up front
HostGator web hosting costs, to some extent, more than a few of the other shared hosting providers, but they will provide the best support and services. HostGator offers many features in its basic shared hosting, including unlimited disk space, a control panel, and free website templates. Additionally, you get the option to enhance numerous add-ons for privacy, security, and efficiency.
The root of HostGator’s services is its shared server hosting; this is what the company is famous for and outshines at. While concentrating on the shared server part of the market, HostGator has become skilled at what it takes to produce excellent customer involvement, knowing the needs of the shared server client very well. Though you’ll find many long HostGator reviews online, you can trust us for highlighting only the important points to make it short for you.
Web Hosting Pricing Plan
Shared hosting plans are suitable for brand new websites and beginners. They permit you to set up your website straightforwardly, so you can start working on receiving more traffic and rising your business. You can afterward upgrade your hosting as your website succeeds.
HostGator’s shared hosting plans offers three various levels. All plans have the same unlimited storage and also bandwidth. The main difference in all the plans is the number of websites you can host at a time.
- Hatchling: The Hatchling plan licenses you to host only one website. It includes 1-click WordPress installer and originates with a standard set of features. This plan starts at $2.75 monthly. You get only one domain name, unlimited disk space and storage, SSL certificate, and unlimited subdomains.
- Baby: With the Baby plan, you can host unlimited websites. It involves all the features of the Hatchling plan, and you can also use add-ons such as private SSL. The starting price of this plan is $3.95 monthly. It allows unlimited storage, bandwidth, and domain names.
- Business: This plan is suitable for small business websites. The plan has a free SSL certificate and free dedicated IP which you will need to create an eCommerce website. The price starts from $5.95 per month. It allows unlimited storage, bandwidth, and domain names. It offers a free dedicated IP, SSL, and a toll-free number.
HostGator Web Hosting – Key Features
There are a lot of features that the HostGator web hosting service throws in with each plan, plus: limitless disk and bandwidth, a free website creator and website building tools, several hundreds of website templates, free domain transfers, and unlimited MySQL databases. Apart from that, new site owners can call consideration to their web property. You can enjoy access to many of one-click installs obtainable for all of the chief open-source projects, such as WordPress, Joomla, and Magento.
Great Customer Support
HostGator is so self-assured in their service that they ignore the 30-day refund policy and add an extra two weeks or so to offer 45 days. Which means that you can use the service for the whole month and still get a refund after facing any issues. A 45-day money-back guarantee permits you sufficient time to try out HostGator web hosting and make sure the company’s hosting can serve your desires. This 45-day money-back guarantee spread over to all shared, reseller, and VPS hosting packages.
However, there are a few other points that should be kept in mind before applying for a refund. They issue the return after 90 days. No refunds are given through check, money order, Western Union payments, or bank transfers, either.
Refunds are only obtainable for new plans or accounts. So if you earlier signed up for one, and are withdrawing a renewal or second attempt, you won’t get the refund. Lastly, foreign currency refunds are processed based on the U.S. Dollar exchange rates.
A 99.9% uptime guarantee is standard for the web hosting industry and will cover most people’s desires. With a 99.9% uptime guarantee, HostGator accomplishes admirably when it comes to reliability. This standard of service is the industry level, and while there are hosts with a better uptime rate, they also have a much difficult expense. HostGator has been in the market for a long time, so you can feel safely confident that they are not a con and will be around for the long run. 24/7/365 support is obtainable via phone, chat, and ticket system. HostGator provides a knowledge base, telephone, and live chat service. The last option is the best, connecting us to a service representative within about 15 seconds.
From an up-to-date drag-and-drop website creator to the accustomed cPanel interface, HostGator outshines in offering a modest, yet commanding, user experience. HostGator is the best choice for beginner bloggers or webmasters. The setup process is straightforward and easy to get going with HostGator, given the company’s secure system and clear icons. The user experience is straightforward, and if you have questions, you could easily start a live chat to get them answered quickly. Their site is full of tutorials to help you get along.
They also have an additional option for starters who’re looking to set up a site without the hassle of hiring other people to plan, build, and manage everything. The customizable templates are all up-to-date, to begin with, and you can easily modify how they look by dragging and dropping each option. You’ll also get of site analytics and a free SSL certificate to help protect your visitors’ data (like their physical location).
HostGator uses up-to-date cPanel software to serve customers’ administration consoles. You can get started quickly, as well as responsibilities like shaping and beginning eCommerce shopping carts. By the help of HostGator’s backend account management panel, you can gather stats and logs using Raw Log Manager, AWStats, Webalizer, and Error Logs. Windows hosting customers can supervise their settings using Plesk for website management, email account creation, and software set up. For instance, this is not your first site, and you’re planning to transfer a current one over, HostGator’s will help you with that too.
You’ll have 30 days after sign-up and have them help transfer any site files, information, data, scripts, and a domain name over for you. That involves a full cPanel transfer. So if you happened to have numerous site installs, you’re protected. All of HostGator’s shared hosting plans come along with a sole site migration included. Other programs, like resellers, for example, will get access to more.
Here are a few other plans offered by HostGator.
- Cloud hosting: As you can see, that shared hosting account is restricted to an only server, cloud hosting uses many servers. This plan is fit if your website gets regular traffic.
- WordPress hosting: That is their shared hosting plan adjusted for WordPress powered websites. It optimizes performance and guards your site against some frequent WordPress outbreaks.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server): Virtual Private Server allows you to bring about your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform. It is appropriate for rising websites with regular traffic spikes.
- Dedicated server: If you choose dedicated hosting, you get a server exclusively for hosting your website. But it also comes with excessive responsibility because you’ll have to uphold it by yourself.
HostGator Web Hosting Service – Quick Summary
- Reliable hosting: HostGator promises an uptime of 99.99%. If you face downtime under that, they will compensate one month credit on your account.
- Substantial money back guarantee: HostGator provides 45 days money back. Usually, web hosting companies do not allow payment back guarantee to exceed 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You can select between monthly and yearly billing plans. Extended billing periods will get you the highest discount.
- Free migration: HostGator provides free migration service with all brand new accounts. Their expert team will transmit your website from your prior host at no additional charge during the first 30 days of signing up.
- Ease of Signup: Easy signup procedure.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card or PayPal.
- Upsells: Loads of upsells.
- Account Activation: It can take 24 – 48 hours to get started with your account.
- Control Panel and Dashboard: cPanel with all plans.
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): They make it comfortable to install general apps and CMSs in limited steps using QuickInstall.
Though you’ll find many Hostgator reviews which state many problems with this hosting service, we can clearly believe that HostGator is still the best one out there. HostGator provides you with all the features you need, whether you are an internet pro or just a beginner. More than 2 million people have chosen HostGator for hosting their websites. They have created their name in the market over many years. I believe HostGator web hosting service is one of the best choices for anyone planning on launching their own online platform.