These days hair-fall has become a problem that both men and women suffer from. There can be various reasons that cause this problem like autoimmune conditions, genetic factors, hormone changes, tissue scarring from injury, stress, improper diet, etc. Generally, hair-fall is a common problem for everyone, but when we suffer from severe hair-fall, then we need to think about it seriously. Every day we lose around 50-100 strands of our hair, and these strands will be replaced by new ones. In this way, there is nothing to worry about losing a few hair strands, but in case if there is a severe hair loss, then there is a chance of getting baldness.
Approximately we have 100 thousand of hair strands, and these strands will increase its length for about half inch every month and keep growing its length for around two to six years and then lead to a relaxing stage. According to the American Hair Loss Association, women actually make up 40 percent of American hair loss sufferers.
It’s common for hair loss sufferers to turn to hair replacement surgery and topical hair loss products in hopes of regaining their full heads of hair. But the best course of action to take with hair loss is to find the root cause.
When it comes to the tips that can be crucial in helping getting rid of this problem; they can be very effective very quickly if followed religiously.
So here are eight amazing tips to follow to reduce hair loss:
Foods to Eat
For starters, there are many foods and vitamins for hair growth that won’t break the bank but can really make a difference. These are:
- Organic foods: Choose these foods because they are free of chemicals. Chemicals can act as endocrine disrupters interfering with hair growth.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are one of the top foods high in zinc, which is necessary for healthy hair health. Research has also shown that zinc deficiency is linked with hypothyroidism and hair loss.
- Wild-caught fish: Wild-caught fish like salmon are high in omega-3 fats, which decrease inflammation while supporting hair growth and hair thickening.
- Green tea: Green tea helps promote detoxification and contains antioxidants that promote hair growth. It also may stop the conversion of testosterone into DHT.
- Super seeds: Chia, flax, and hemp seeds are high in fiber and healthy fats that can help aid hair growth.
- Bone Broth: High in protein, collagen, and amino acids, bone broth the perfect food for encouraging healthy hair growth.
- Caffeine: Yes, not technically, a food, but caffeine has been showing to spur hair growth. According to research, caffeine stimulates hair shafts and helps them grow faster, by damping down the effects of DHT, a substance that infamously slows hair growth.
Reduce Emotional Stress
Emotional stress can also be a significant causative factor in hair loss. Get plenty of sleep, and schedule times of rest and fun into your week.
Use Essential Oils in your Hair
The use of essential oils can cause regeneration of hair follicles to a certain degree and reduce hair loss. In addition, the use of essential oils for hair loss is a cheaper and safer alternative to expensive medicinal products.
Treat your Hair Well
Be gentle when washing your hair with warm (not hot) water. Do not brush your hair too hard. A wide-toothed comb can help you avoid pulling out excess hairs. Avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, buns, or ponytails. Do not twist, rub, or pull your hair excessively. Minimize harsh treatments on your hair like hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments, and permanents
Drink Plenty of Water
While there is no magic solution that water can bring to hair loss, there are studies around that suggest thinning hair can be helped by drinking more water. Drinking more water is probably the cheapest and quickest solution to test out too.
Apply Onion Juice
Onion juice has been used for decades as a home treatment. Onion is a safe, natural, and affordable home remedy that can be great for your hair. Many people have reported that it improves thickness, stimulates growth, and even regenerates new growth when dealing with hair loss.
Use Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Also, its alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair’s pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth. You can also consume one tablespoon of aloe-vera juice daily on an empty stomach to enjoy better hair growth.
Talk To Your Doctor
Several conditions can lead to hair loss, like thyroid disease, anemia, and taking certain medications for heart disease. For such circumstances, the best option for you is to consult your doctor. The doctor will prescribe you suitable supplements or the treatments that you may need.