In the past, starting up a new business was not a piece of cake. It required a considerable amount of capital and resources. A significant number of investors used to sit together to gather up a plan and implement it. They had to set up an office or store to start their business. However, now ecommerce has made our lives easy and comfortable. With just a few steps you can start your business with the best ecommerce platforms.
You can find free and paid versions which help you to form, manage and start your online store. You can customize it according to your preferences and make it look as beautiful as possible.
Choosing the best platform to start up your online store may be a bit difficult. However, we are here to help you choose the best ecommerce platform. Here are five excellent ecommerce platforms which will help you set up your online business. Read below to see their features.
5 Best Ecommerce Platforms for 2020
BigCommerce is a privately held company which allows business owners to make their online store. They pay a fee to set up the online store and customize it through templates and themes. Through the online store, they can sell their physical and digital products comfortably. Many features of BigCommerce allow the owners to promote their ecommerce business as well.
Bigcommerce proposes four month-to-month pricing plans, which are as follows:
- Standard Plan: $29.95 monthly
- Plus Plan: $79.95 per month
- Pro Plan: $249.95 per month
- Bigcommerce Enterprise: pricing differs, subject to your business requirements
A 10% discount is accessible for the ‘Plus’ and ‘Pro’ plans if you pay yearly for them.
Bigcommerce has a wide range of features which includes
- Seven free templates
- The facility to trade a wide range of either physical or digital goods, in categories of your choosing and using shipping charges of your choice
- Integration with PayPal and a wide range of payment accesses
- Content management (CMS) functionality
- Outstanding search engine optimization (SEO) choices
- Computerized image optimization
- Integration with numerous e-mail marketing services
- Discount coupons and gift vouchers
- Merchandise assessment functionality
- The capability to tweak CSS and HTML as wanted
- Professional reporting
Shopify makes it easy for retailers to set up their online store in minutes. A person who has no special web development skills can develop and create the store in no time. It provides you with an extensive range of beautiful templates that can be modified to meet individual users’ branding necessities, and it permits either physical or digital goods to be sold.
Shopify offers a range of pricing plans which are as follows:
- Shopify Lite – monthly $9
- Basic Shopify – monthly $29
- Shopify – monthly $79
- Advanced Shopify – monthly $299
Features of Shopify include:
- Selling of physical and digital goods with a choice of your payment plan
- Integration with paypal
- Wide variety of free themes and a few paid ones
- Blogging functionality
- Reckless cart functionality
- Import/export of customer information
- Content management (CMS)
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Promo codes
- Option to edit the store’s CSS and HTML
- A ‘buy now’ option that you can use to trade goods on another blog or site
- The facility to print labels for product delivery
- 14-day free trial
Magento is one of the most widely-used open sourced ecommerce platforms. It offers you a custom design tool to prepare your favourite template. It is user-friendly, and you can set up a store without any technical skills.
Magento Community and Magento Enterprise Edition are two different editions. Do you know the difference? The community does not offer any support; therefore it is free to use. That means you will have to design and manage yourself. To get better assistance with designing and maintenance, you can get the other edition. This edition starts at $22,000 yearly for the basic support package.
Features of Magento include:
- SEO and marketing
- Promotions and conversions
- Site management tools
- Catalog management tools
- Catalog browsing tools
- Product browsing
- Checkout, payment, and shipping
- Order management techniques
- Customer service department
- Mobile commerce facility
- Determined shopping
- Private sales
- Discounts and offers
- Store credits
WooCommerce is an ecommerce platform that offers you a wide range of free and premium WordPress extensions. It gives retailers and developers the chance to handle and manage the design of the online store. This user-friendly ecommerce platform is ideal for those business owners who plan on starting with a shoe-string budget. WooCommerce is known to be the cheapest custom ecommerce platform.
WooCommerce plugins and WordPress are free of cost to install, most of the time. You can also buy themes and plugins. Depends on what you want and how much it costs.
- Content management system
- Customization of design
- Access to the REST API for handling and integrating orders
- Countless themes
- Stunning products and checkout pages
- Product ratings and reviews
- Infinite products, images, and galleries
- Progressive product sorting and filtering.
- Support for physical, digital, and affiliate goods
- Customizable checkout zones with guest checkout, computerized emails, tax choices, free shipping, built-in payment system, and much more
Big Cartel is one of the best cloud-hosted ecommerce platforms, for those who have a small business. It is simple to use and allows you to sell a limited amount of goods for free. It also allows you to set your logo design and color.
You can choose any of their payment plans which are as follows:
- Free Plan – Allows up to 5 products for free along with order management, and Facebook integration.
- Paid Plan ($9.95/month) – Permits up to 25 products with more features
- Diamond Plan ($19.99/month) – Up to 100 products.
- Titanium Plan ($29.99/month) – Up to 300 products.
The features of Bigcartel include:
- Mobile app
- Safety and security
- Search engine optimization
- Order management system
- Customer support facility
- Custom Domain
- Inventory Management
- Discounts and promos
- HTML/CSS Editor
- Product Images
Which Ecommerce Platform to Choose – The Verdict!
It depends on how many products you want to sell and how you want to design your online store. Every ecommerce platform is excellent in different ways. However, you have to make your choice according to your budget and the nature of business. So, which ecommerce platforms are you planning on investing on this year?